Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS CG5270 desktop suddenly stopped showing video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

A few days ago, everything was working fine on the desktop,  I turned if off at night.  In the morning when i turned it on, there was no video.  I was thinking initially that maybe it was a corrupt OS that did not boot and thats why there was no video.  But then I realized that even if the OS is corrupt, you at least get a message on the screen saying no boot device can be found.  So then I went to investigate the video card.  The onboard video stopped working a long while before and I have been using a PCIe video card that by the way is also ASUS.  Anyway I took the card out, cleaned the slot, still no dice.   So then I figured maybe replace it.  So I went and got a PCIe video card to replace this one.  No dice.  So I thought that maybe the slot is burned or damaged.  Next I went and bought a PCI video card since the only open slots were PCI.  Still no dice.  The video just wont work.

What could the issue be and is it fixable?

Attached Files

• Attached File  asus.jpg   44.71KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

So.. without trying to sound like a smartass here.. why would you think it is a problem with the video when clearly you get a message on the screen that no boot device could be found? (hence video is working telling you the problem)

This means that there is either something wrong with the hard drive or hard drive controller.

#3 shashman

shashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

yeahbleeping,  no there is no message.  i said there should be a message if the os is corrupt.  its not

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Okay so the board powers up / fans spin do you get any POST beeps ?  Most Asus boards have some kind of trouble shooting beep codes. .. Are you sure the monitor is still good?

#5 shashman

shashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

ya the monitor is good cause it works when I plug it into my other computer.  When I turn this computer on (the one that gives no video), I dont hear any beeps, the fans go on.  Sometimes the computer turns on and stays on.  Sometimes it turns on, turn off in a sec and then turn back on and stays on.

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

I am wondering if this is a power supply problem.  It IS strange that the onboard video does not work also.  It could be that the mainboard has just failed.

#7 shashman

shashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

the onboard video in my other computer also doesnt work, but my video card works.  How do I check to see if the psu is good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users