Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deepcool theta 30 cpu cooler socket 1155

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

hi to all,

i have installed a new cpu cooler, the deepcool theta 30 for socket 1155

the cooler is very cheap at 14.5 euros and is certified for intel core i7

it is well made from nikcel and aluminium and is quite heavy and large compared to the factory intel cooler

although is much noiser than factory intel cooler 

the cooler does not support pwm since it have a 3-pin conector

the installation procedure is really very easy

the life span for the cooler is rated at 40,000 hours

i was expecting to see a difference in temperature from my factory intel cooler 

the theta 30 score only 31 celsius idle at room temp 25 celsius while the factory intel cooler scored 28 celsius idle at the same room temperature

on full load the theta 30 score 45 celsius while the factory intel scored 41 celsius

the theta 30 although have a very good airflow much better than my factory intel and because of this the ram dimms and the northbridge chip stay cool

motherboard asus p8h61m-le socket 1155
cpu intel g530
2 x 2 gb ddr3 ram apacer
250 hd seagate
coolermaster elite series mid tower with 90 mm exhaust fan
500 watts psu arctic cooling
asus temp utility and hwinfo32
windows xp sp3 x86

price 8/10
build quality 8/10
performance 7/10
installation 10/10

Attached Files

Edited by nickko, 08 May 2015 - 11:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Back in the day we enthusiats Lapped the Heatsink and sometimes the CPU to get maximum cooling potential.  Using the razor blade technique I once had a Heatsink block that was so severely pincushioned outward it took me almost 2 days of lapping to get it smooth.  Normally I would have sent the heatsink back but since it did actually come from china ... I didn't want to pay for shipping.  My guess is that some manufactuerer's do not have stellar lapping techniques involved in putting out their Heatsinks.

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

hi dear YeahBleeping

thanks for the reply

certainly yes, the lapping can help to lower the temperature of the cpu by a little

better a copper base

i am not fully satisfied with my theta 30 but from the other side is not the worst cooler

the low airflow of only 37.xx is not the best even for my little celeron

if the base was from copper then the cooler could perform much better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users