Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc bios corrupted

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bubba7882

bubba7882

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

for the last three days my pc when started will say the bios is corrupted fixing with back up.

it will do this every time I turn on my pc when it fixes the bios my computer runs fine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

Hi bubba7882 :)

Is it possible to have your computer brand and model? Also, are you running Windows 7 32 or 64-bits?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 bubba7882

bubba7882
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Operating System

windows 7 64
  • Antivirus Software
    eset nod32
  •  
  • Computer
    custom
  • CPU
    i5 -4670k
  • Motherboard
    gigabyte
  • Ram16gb
  • Storage
    3tb
  • Video Card
    geforce gtx 760
  • Soundcard
    n/a
  • Power Supply
    750w
  • Case
    zalman

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

I'll need the motherboard brand and model. Follow the instructions below please.

ik5xYHs.pngSpeccy - Publish a snapshot
Follow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:
  • Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);
    Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;
  • Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;
  • After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;
  • A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;
  • A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 bubba7882

bubba7882
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/XYYSwj6RtZp3tgp1LKaRUbs

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

Here's the latest stable version for the BIOS of your motherboard.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-z87x-ud4h_f9.zip

I suggest you to download and install note. There's also this note that comes with the download.

(Note) Please use the efiflash.exe included in the zip file to update this BIOS.

Make sure that no programs are running and to follow every instructions on the screen to update your BIOS. If you don't and do a false step, you could brick your whole motherboard.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users