Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I unlock my 10.1"RCA Android tablet?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lumara

Lumara

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

I have an RCA 10.1” Android tablet I bought in November. I turned it on when it arrived and again during Christmas vacation, and it worked great. I haven’t turned it on since, because I use my laptop when I’m home.

I’m going on vacation, so I turned the tablet on to see if it still had power. It does, but it is now locked. I didn’t lock it, never set a password, and didn’t do any updates, so I don’t know why that happened or how to unlock it. I tried resetting it, but that didn’t work.

It is totally useless now, and I was wondering if anyone here knows how I can unlock the blasted thing. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lumara

Lumara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I followed instructions online, and they didn't work. The instructions said with the power off to press the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time and when the two dogs appear, let go of the buttons after 2 seconds pass, then a screen with something that looks like a batterys is supposed to appear. I've tried this several times andcannot get to that screen; the tablet just continues loading until I see the screen with the lock on it.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,838 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

I'm not sure what sort of warranty you have with the tablet. But normally it would be a year if it was purchased retail. Have you tried contacting the vendor or RCA?

You have tried the same thing I would have suggested. And it didn't work. Since it's less than a year old I'd contact the manufacturer.

https://rcasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200317055-Tablets

https://rcasupport.formstack.com/forms/support

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users