Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with sound card/pc load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DiZChiNoRichie

DiZChiNoRichie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any comments'help you give me on this issue.

I have just enough knowledge to put a custom PC together, but not enough to figure out why  I am having this issue.

I'm using a Asus XONAR DG sound card, and under high loads the card will stutter/static the output. This occurs from both the front panel and the back panel outputs.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 930 Bloomfield

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.

RAM: 6x 2GB ddr3 PC3-16000

HDDs: 1x120gb Toshiba, 1x 1TB WD Green, 1x 4TB WD Red

GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost

PSU: Antec 750W

Case: Antec 1200

Sound Card: ASUS DG XONAR

Prior to having the sound card installed, I was using on-board audio and everything was fine.
The problem occurs under high load (assuming). For example, playing a game and having music playing in the background. If I close the game but have the music still playing after experiencing the stutter/static, the interference remains until i close the music app and reopen it. However, if just on Youtube for example after a fresh restart, the sound is fine. 

My first assumption is that the CPU cannot handle the load, therefore compromising sound quality and causing the interference.

Second assumption is that the sound card is faulty. I want to make sure before I RMA the card as getting to the internals of the PC is a PITA.

Please note that everything else is/was running fine prior to the sound card install. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Some links to info :  https://www.google.com/search?q=Asus+XONAR+DG+stuttering+under+load&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

Did you install the drivers for this card?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 DiZChiNoRichie

DiZChiNoRichie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Did you install the drivers for this card?

Yes, official drivers from Asus

#5 DiZChiNoRichie

DiZChiNoRichie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

Okay so I've used Latencymon to determine the DPC latency.

I have two results: 
dxgkrn.sys

scsiport.sys

can anyone direct me on how to start to fix these issues?

and would a complete wipe of my OS fix these issues? thats a last resort though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users