A friends laptop has been hit by CryptoWall 3.0, sorry but I've hacked around a bit on it first before reading your instructions including running combofix.
1) They had no AV installed so I've put free AVG on it
2) Can I get it check to ensure that it won't re-infect/encrypt etc?
3) all of their photos and childs schoolwork have been encrypted and renamed to *.ecc, what are the chances of decryption keys becoming available in the future like with Cryptolocker?
Please see HELP_DECRYPT.HTML below
What happened to your files?
All of your files were protected by a strong encryption with RSA-2048 using CryptoWall 3.0.
More information about the encryption keys using RSA-2048 can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_(cryptosystem)
What does this mean?
This means that the structure and data within your files have been irrevocably changed, you will not be able to work
with them, read them or see them, it is the same thing as losing them forever, but with our help, you can restore them.
How did this happen?
Especially for you, on our server was generated the secret key pair RSA-2048 - public and private.
All your files were encrypted with the public key, which has been transferred to your computer via the Internet.
Decrypting of your files is only possible with the help of the private key and decrypt program, which is on our secret server.
What do I do?
Alas, if you do not take the necessary measures for the specified time then the conditions for obtaining the private key will be changed.
If you really value your data, then we suggest you do not waste valuable time searching for other solutions because they do not exist.
2. After a successful installation, run the browser and wait for initialization.
3. Type in the address bar: 7oqnsnzwwnm6zb7y.onion/a2ok7d
4. Follow the instructions on the site.
Your Personal PAGE(using TOR): 7oqnsnzwwnm6zb7y.onion/a2ok7d
Your personal code (if you open the site (or TOR 's) directly): a2ok7d