Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron keyboard showing as a standard ps/2 in Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unbwogable

unbwogable

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

Recently changed the hard drive, and I have all the drivers installed from Dell, including the 'update manager', but the keyboard shows as a standard ps/2, which means no FN keys or anything like that. I've tried finding a driver on Google, and also tried updating it manually to something similar, but can't find a Dell keyboard driver in either place. Anyone have some ideas on where to look? 

The Dell support forum had no options either.

And I'm sure the physical keyboard isn't the issue, as the keys all work, and the FN keys work in the bios (backlight on/off, sleep, etc)

Edited by unbwogable, 06 May 2015 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fortworthtechs

fortworthtechs

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

Download the Driver Installer http://www.drivers.com/update_keyboard_mouse_drivers_main.php from this link.

#3 unbwogable

unbwogable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

Download the Driver Installer http://www.drivers.com/update_keyboard_mouse_drivers_main.php from this link.

I appreciate the input, but I ran that sandboxed, and it's reeks of spyware/adware

#4 fortworthtechs

fortworthtechs

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

You sometimes have to run emergency checkups for your system with standalone utilities like Dr.Web Cure It!. A top-notch antivirus program have powerful firewall an additional anti-malware or anti-spyware suites.

Edited by fortworthtechs, 08 May 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#5 unbwogable

unbwogable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

Figured that was a spammer. Regardless I ran the Dell Diagnostics from the support site, and it resolved the issue. Just wanted to post in case someone else runs across this issue in the future. And I do run a good firewall, that's how I sandboxed the program :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users