Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chromebook Error on Boot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beachfeet

beachfeet

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have an Acer Q1VZC Chrome book, that is giving me an error message after booting up. The error reads- Chrome OS is missing, or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB.  I have created the recovery USB, and followed the instructions that were provided. The first time I tried to use the recovery method, I was told that the USB stick was not compatible. I downloaded the recommended recovery software, on another flash drive, and tried again. This time, after plugging it in, the process started automatically, and I saw a message saying that Chome was successfully restored. However, after restarting the system, the original Chrom OS is missing, error message is the only thing that will show on the screen. If someone can please help me resolve this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time, and have a great day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 beachfeet

beachfeet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

I tried to be as descriptive as possible. Please let me know, if more information is needed.

Thank you again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users