Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7x 64 bootup with hdmi as primary monitor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Angrybytes

Angrybytes

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

Hello bleepingcomputer,

My notebook has a broken screen, how do i bootup with hdmi (tv screen) as primary screen so i can see boot menu options like a pc with a monitor im using win 7 x64 ultimate and Have acer aspire 7745g

Edited by hamluis, 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

Easy to follow guide here: http://www.wikihow.com/Hook-up-a-Windows-7-Computer-to-a-TV

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 Angrybytes

Angrybytes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

Thanks gor the feedback but that has nothing to do with my question

#4 Angrybytes

Angrybytes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

I try to ask different , First time booting computer up wont show on my hdmi monitor only when windows is started but i wanna see the whole boot up on my screen so i can see my boot menu options and stuff so how do i disable my notebook display and replace it with my hdmi monitor

Edited by Angrybytes, 06 May 2015 - 10:54 PM.

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

most laptops have a display toggle , mine is fn+ f8. i feel your pain though, broken laptop screens are all too common.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#6 Angrybytes

Angrybytes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback thats doesnt answer my question.there is a video on youtube but he doesnt show how he did that i try a different forum that is specialized on hardware building pc and stuff again thank for everything you guys are the best

#7 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

If your monitor & laptop each have a VGA port, try connecting VGA to VGA instead of using HDMI to HDMI.

It may be that that might be the way to display the OS boot screen on your external monitor or it may be that

your Acer will use the external monitor only after windows is past a certain point. Unable to say with any certainty.

The Acer support forum may be able to tell you. http://community.acer.com/t5/Discussion-Forums/ct-p/boards

My spare laptop, not an Acer,  connects via HDMI to my large screen TV monitor & the only display I will see is the Win 7 OS startup screen.

BTW, how about providing a link to that Youtube video?

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#8 Angrybytes

Angrybytes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

I still havnt ask for help but i took 10 min to google and i found the solution here http://12noon.com/?page_id=80 its a program called display changer is has a command line(the codes are shown on the webpage) where you can make your external display as primary im going to do it someday if you got the same problem here you go a fix!! Ithink But wait for a bleepingcomputer mod to approve this.

See command line -primary Make the specified monitor the primary monitor. (You will also need to use the -more switch to either detach the current primary monitor or re-position it.)

I still need to try it and see if its working

Edited by Angrybytes, 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users