Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error warning when booted up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Broski899

Broski899

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hello, for some times now I've been having trouble with my laptop. Last time I posted I thought my hard drive was failing but after looking into it I found out that I may be having overheating problems. So I placed a cooling fan into the laptop and for a while I thought it solved the problem. However, yesterday I booted up my laptop and saw this:

IMG_20150506_120837_zpsi2gjnbsw.jpg

My laptop gets really hot but it's never given me this message before. Also, if I listen closely to the side of my laptop, I can hear the fan running and it sounds like its creaking or something, I don't know.

How do I fix this issue? Please all help is appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Laptop and its contents are important to you, please consider adding a USB or AC powered external cooling assembly, which either has one giant fan or twin fans.  Such really made a difference for my get-hot laptop. 

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

I do have one, and I was using it at the time I got this error. I'm not sure it's as effective as I hoped it'd be.

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

Although I have never seen this error I would suspect that either the cpu fan is no longer spinning like it should be or another cooling fan in the laptop is no longer spinning as fast as it should be.  The system has detected the RPMs are slower than they should be and is possibly about to fail or has failed.  You would need to replace the fan.

#5 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

Update: my laptop is not turning on anymore, its dead :/

How do I go about replacing the fan? I'm so unsure on what to do Now, seems I just royally messed it up.

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

It may be best to take it to a technician show them the error you were getting it is possible it won't boot up because the fans are not spinning so in order to keep from burning out the system it simply will not boot.  So maybe all you need is the fan's replaced.

#7 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:36 PM

I was able to boot it up by removing the battery and plugging in the power supply instead.....does this mean I may have possibly fried my battery?

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

Do you still hear the creaky noise when you listen to the fan?  I may have a bad bearing which may only act up when it gets hot.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#9 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

No I don't hear the creaking noise anymore. I left my laptop alone for almost a day and I was able to put the battery back in, boot it up normally, and it hasn't turned off on me. But I know if I keep it on for a while, the laptop gets really hot and I might be facing the same problem over again. The message only shows up after I use the laptop for a long time. (Like for more than two hours in one session)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users