Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi dropouts - broadband fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Hi

How do I begin to troubleshoot my WiFi connection please? I'm experiencing regular dropouts while simply surfing the net. I'm not downloading anything and my broadband connection is solid. I'm having to disconnect and reconnect the WiFi via the windows software in order to re-establish a connection.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Win8.1 (all updates), Broadcom 802.11n (up-to-date), BT (UK) WiFi, BT HH5a router.

*Tried changing WiFi channel, didn't help.

Edited by cyberdyne, 06 May 2015 - 04:13 AM.

O/S: Win10Pro

Backup: SpiderOakONE
Security: SAS Pro, MB Premium, VoodooShield Pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:42 AM

How does the system work while connected to Internet via Ethernet?  Any problems then?

Check manufacturer's support site for a wifi driver update.

Be sure that there is as little as possible interference between the device and the router to assure a strong wifi signal.

Regards.  . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users