Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Stacks problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaHaYn

DaHaYn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:26 AM

My kids have bluestacks installed on another laptop and someone "they will not admit who" clicked on associate all files with bluestacks. Now all my computer apps and everything including internet doesnt work because I guess all file extensions have been changed to open blue stacks. I cant even get an installation disc of windows 7 to start because it keeps telling me there are errors. Can someone help me fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:27 AM

Hi DaHaYn :)

You can easily reset the files associations using the Registry script linked in the tutorial below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

If not, you can always do it the normal way via the Control Panel like shown in that second tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2630-default-programs-set-programs-default-associations.html

Personally, I would go with the second tutorial since it's easier and takes less time.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 DaHaYn

DaHaYn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:55 PM

Hi Aura,

I tried doing this with IE to at least get an internet connection and received the following error. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution in available. Then only option is to close the program. So I have no way to connect to the internet. I tried this first with the hopes that I could get to Microsoft.com to download the windows 10 demo since my windows 7 disc wont even work in the laptop.....

Thanks,

DaHaYn

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:16 AM

Are you able to boot in Safe Mode with Networking and work from there? The procedure is shown in the link below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows7

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users