Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail missing!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

Went to install my CloneDvd, I have it and the Lic. on a dvd. Always opened by Windows Live Mail. Get the message that this dll is missing "Wldcore.dll". Went on Google with the problem and was told to uninstall re-install Win.Live Mail. Crazy, cannot find it in control panel to uninstall it. Yet it shows in the program file, but when I try to open it I get the same message about the missing dll file. Help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hi durkinjt :)

Windows Live Mail is part of the "Windows Essentials". Hence if you go in your list of installed programs, you'll see it listed at the end. Uninstalling it offers you the option to uninstall the programs you have with it, and Windows Live Mail should be listed there.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:29 PM

Hi durkinjt :)

Windows Live Mail is part of the "Windows Essentials". Hence if you go in your list of installed programs, you'll see it listed at the end. Uninstalling it offers you the option to uninstall the programs you have with it, and Windows Live Mail should be listed there.

Thank, I feel like an idiot, I would have sworn I checked under Windows Essentials, after your post I checked again, was there, now I how a re-install is the answer.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

No problem, no need to feel like an idiot, it happens :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

No problem, no need to feel like an idiot, it happens :)

Back to square, went to download Win Essentials and when asked what program I chose the only one that was shown  not to be downloaded was Onedrive(it is), so chose download all, it did and Windows Live Mail still cannot be found in program files and or does it open any of the .eml files it did previously.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

If you do a research on your system for "Windows Live Mail", does it comes out or not?

unite_blue.png

#7 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

If you do a research on your system for "Windows Live Mail", does it comes out or not?

Thanks for the help Aura, was getting nowhere and had some other problems, just re-installed to factory, all is fine.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

All good, glad to know that you got it all solved out :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users