Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer and lots of lag... freshly restored and empty.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stipnsauce

stipnsauce

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

(Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum)

For about 2, maybe 3 weeks now my computer has been very laggy, and just over-all slower. Programs take longer to open, my game has a very high latency. It's been getting progressively worse. I had some malware and a virus that I removed. I used CCleaner, Malwarebytes and I have Microsoft Security Essentials.  I was still having issues, and got a couple warnings about needing to update my video card. I ended up restoring my computer to factory settings, and I formatted my D drive. (I have two hard drives). I've updated my computer, I updated my driver for you video card. It still takes a long time to load everything, and my latency was even worse! 

Is this just a video card issue? Should I be buying a new one?

I have a Gateway Desktop with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. 

Intel Core i5 Processor

AMD Radeon HD 7350 1024MB

I have two 2TB hard drives.

16GB DDR3 Memory 

Thank you in advance for any help.

:love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

Please provide us a speccy link to your system.  Latency is this from playing a local game or an online game are you talking about internet latency or load times?  Could be you have a drive failing maybe we can get an idea from the speccy.

#3 stipnsauce

stipnsauce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Actually my friend figured it out for me my memory clock was low? If that's what it was called. Just solved, thank you though!

#4 stipnsauce

stipnsauce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:07 AM

Okay so, turns out what they did didn't fix it. My game is even worse! I can't even talk on skype some times. Everything makes it sound like I have a bad internet connection, but i always have 4/5 or 5/5 bars and we have fast internet!

Edited by stipnsauce, 17 May 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#5 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:04 AM

Are we now @ a point after you have rebuilt everything & you are, still, seeing this poor performance & bad behavior?

Please, run sfc /scannow in CMD Run as Admin.  Results??
Install & run CCleaner.
> Internet Options > Delete>Delete

Do an Extended Disc Cleanup as follows:
cmd Run as Admin
cleanmgr sageset:01  Hit Enter
In the windows check all boxes except the one or 2 that the descriptive blub says "bad idea"  Hightlight the items & read their blurb. Hit OK
Now in cmd cleanmgr sagerun:01  Hit Enter

Any change?

Possibilities:
If not a software issue (not likely if just rebuilt), HDD is failing or bad RAM.  Any noises from the HDD, clicking or grinding?  How old is the machine?

Cheers,
Drew

thO622AIFO_zpsncnl0jup.jpg

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

This could be as simple as a graphics card driver.

Click on Start, they type devmgmt.msc in the Search programs and files.

When the Device Manger opens scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers.

Are there any yellow warning icons or red error icons?

You can uninstall the drivers in the Device Manager and download new drivers for AMD.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 stipnsauce

stipnsauce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:34 AM

This could be as simple as a graphics card driver.

Click on Start, they type devmgmt.msc in the Search programs and files.

When the Device Manger opens scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers.

Are there any yellow warning icons or red error icons?

You can uninstall the drivers in the Device Manager and download new drivers for AMD.

I have no flags of any kind. 

Are we now @ a point after you have rebuilt everything & you are, still, seeing this poor performance & bad behavior?

Please, run sfc /scannow in CMD Run as Admin.  Results??
Install & run CCleaner.
> Internet Options > Delete>Delete

Do an Extended Disc Cleanup as follows:
cmd Run as Admin
cleanmgr sageset:01  Hit Enter
In the windows check all boxes except the one or 2 that the descriptive blub says "bad idea"  Hightlight the items & read their blurb. Hit OK
Now in cmd cleanmgr sagerun:01  Hit Enter

Any change?

Possibilities:
If not a software issue (not likely if just rebuilt), HDD is failing or bad RAM.  Any noises from the HDD, clicking or grinding?  How old is the machine?

Cheers,
Drew

I didn't rebuild it, I just factory restored it. 

Personally I feel like it could be a video card issue but I know nothing about computers.. so I'm unsure. My game had said something about wanting me to update my drivers, which I did! Nothing got better though. 

#8 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

Putting it back to "Factory" & "rebuilding it" are basically saying the same thing so, that's all good.  Some of the behavior is a long way from being display or graphics in nature but, yes, it may be rooted in the GPU.  It does enough to rather rule out M/B or HDD.  Are you able to try another vid card?  Even a shop that would let you test w/ another, maybe.

If it's Reset, Recovered, whatever term, lol, and, still, doing it.  If sfc /scannow came up good.  and sure it's the right driver & still not happy... if my customer would test a card... easiest, quickest, 1st thing can be eliminated... maybe the solution as a bonus.  Not sure how to say why but, I've come to recommend Nvidia.

Still, possibly RAM but, I'd try the vid card 1st.

Sorry, if not more help, being not hands-on, et al; bit of a disadvantage pinning a something down sometimes.  Anyway, that's my stab.

Cheers,
Drew

Edited by Drew1903, 17 May 2015 - 02:13 AM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

If you did a system recovery it set the operating system back to the way it came out of the box.  It would have removed any programs you installed either online or from a disc, it would have removed any data you had added since first using it, like documents, pictures, non-Microsoft browsers or e-mail clients, etc.  If these are not missing, then you did not perform a system recovery.

Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Please do the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users