Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi connection issues with huawei e5372 4g mobile router

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Angela Nepper

Angela Nepper

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hi there, good folks of Bleeping Computer -

Am running a PC with Windows 7 Home Premium, a fairly old HP computer, "Intel Pentium inside", 32-bit.  I have kept the OS up to date through Windows Update.

I am trying to connect to wifi via a Huawei E5372 4G Mobile Router -- I've followed all the setup steps provided by service provider but it does not follow through.  I keep getting an error message telling me that I need to run a Windows update but yet I cannot do so without accessing the internet to do so but yet there is no connection to internet.  I am at a loss as to what next steps I should follow.  The WiFi network connection name does not even appear in the Wireless Network Connection window from which I can choose to connect.  I've 'manually' added the network connection name under the Manage Wireless Connections window but that does not seem to work either. Again, I am at a loss as to why I am having such difficulty.

The service provider suggested that since my laptop (originally purchased in U.S.), I am now residing in Spain -- that I go out an purchase a "Pincho WI-FI" or Dogle (sp?).

Thanks in advance,

Angela

Edited by hamluis, 05 May 2015 - 12:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Post the exact wording of the error message that you mention, please.

Louis

#3 Angela Nepper

Angela Nepper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

Error message: Windows was unable to install your Vodafone Mobile Broadband - Windows could not find driver software for your device

That is written verbatim as I do not have ability to post from actual screen shot. I'm sending this message via my smartphone

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Where did you get the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software to install from & how old is it?

i.e., is there a Vodafonr site from which to get the latest updated software/drivers from?

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#5 Angela Nepper

Angela Nepper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hello,

The software is coming the unit itself, it's a mobile router with a usb attachment, of which I connected to my laptop.  Once connected it automatically downloads (or in my case ATTEMPTS) to download the software/driver for the service.  I am completely unsure the age of the unit itself, as I recently moved into a different flat here in Barcelona and this unit is what I was provided with upon move-in.  At my previous flat, I also had Vodafone wifi service -- of which -- there was never a connection issue other than intermittent service due to bad wiring outside.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Angela

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi .. I feel like we are missing some information .. and FYI the term is ' Dongle'

Here you are posting on the web I assume with your laptop or are you using something else.  I went to the vodaphone website it looks like it requires windows 8.1 or a dongle ..

If this worked at your last location then it should work at this location without any update.  Can you simply connect your laptop to whatever your using now to post to us and 'download' the update?

#7 Angela Nepper

Angela Nepper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hello,

Sorry, yes I missed some important information.  I am posting to the web now as I am temporarily using my old location to try and remedy the issues with my current wifi.  I am still using my own laptop to do so.

I'm not sure what download you are referring to?  The vodafone mobile device perhaps?

Regards,

Angela

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Give me a few I will read up on this router.... Just didn't want you to think I left the post.

#9 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

Did you follow these instructions on setting up your laptop to connect to the device?

#10 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

This is the place to download the latest drivers for the vodaphone

#11 Angela Nepper

Angela Nepper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hi,

I did that previously (at new location where I don't have service) -- the issue with those steps is that I am not able to see my wifi network listed in order to choose and connect to it, even after manually adding the network to my list of managed networks.  Since I have been at my old location (where I have wifi connection - on a entirely separate wifi connection) I reinstalled and ran the Vodafone mobile download and according to the device -- it is showing that all 'drivers' are up to date and the device is working properly.

I guess the next step is to return to my new location and see from there if the Vodafone mobile wifi unit works at that point.  I will certainly keep you posted as to what happens.

Thanks,

Angela

#12 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Good Luck to you ! You may simply need to power down and turn the device back on to see if it is seen by your wifi.

#13 Angela Nepper

Angela Nepper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:13 AM

Hi,

So I've followed your instructions to update the drivers related to this mobile wifi unit, I've rebooted, uninstalled and re-installed the Vodafone software and to no avail -- I still cannot connect to the wifi network -- does anyone have any -- any suggestions?  I am at a loss. The Vodafone service technician suggested a couple things -- try a 'Dongle' unit, get a new laptop or have a landline installed from which a hardwired wifi connection could be used.

I'm not really interested in purchasing a new laptop due to incapable wifi.  Could a Windows update at all possibly be interfering with the use of the Vodafone wifi connection?  I'm throwing this idea out there because I have no real idea what the deal is.

Also to mention, as I was standing in a Vodafone store last evening, asking for other viable options for resolution (of which Vodafone was incapable of providing) I was able to at least 'see' a Vodafone Mobile Wifi network connection amongst the network choices provided -- very similar to the one I have in my possession.  I could not log on as it was someone else's unit but at least it shows that my laptop was recognizing the network.

Any and all help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Angela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users