Finaly got the computer built over the weekend. Now I just need to install all the drivers, right?
Windows 7 has been installed. But I have not done any of the updates. I did an update search and it looks like there is something like 180 updates? Wow. But that makes sense considering how old it is.
Is there any ideal or specific order to install all the updated drivers?
Here is the sequence that I thought / safest way that made sense to me. Please correct me.
1. Update all windows 7 180+ updates
2. Install K.P. anti virus software and all updates
3. Update all MOBO ( Gigabyte Z97X gaming 3 drivers ). After indows was installed I was not able to get any internet connect. So I installed the install CD that came with my MOBO. Then I had a connection to the internet. I assume there are updates though for this MOBO.
4. MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G: Install updated drivers? Do I just go to the website for the updated drivers? I think this came with a CD? If yes it did would it be better off to install the CD then update drivers? Or would I be better just going to the website and install everything from there?
Is that all?
Are there updates or anything I need to do to the following?
1. LG optical BLu-Ray drive
2. Rosewill card reader
3. Kingwin FPX-003 fan controller?
4. HGST 4tb HDD
5. Samsung 850 pro 500gb SSD
I assume there is nothing to do with these...?
Thank you for your help
Corsair 140 and 120mm fans ( SP and AF )
Corsair 750w HS PSU
Intal i7 4790k CPU
Gigabyte Z97x gaming 3 MOBO
HGST 4tb 7200rpm HDD ( for storage of files )
Samsung 850 pro 500gb SSD ( for O.S and programs )
LG Blu-Ray optical drive
Rosewill card reader
Kingwin FPX-003 card reader
Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler.heatsing
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Ice Modz custom colored cable
* I think thats everything?
And when getting all these updated drivers. Is it best to install directly from the internet onto this computer? Or is there any advantage to using my other computer and installing on a flash reader then installing on this new computer?