Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyDD

JonnyDD

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

I recently bought a msi R9 290x and have been using it for at least a week with no problems, then today when i started up my computer it beeps and says no signal on my monitor, I then took out the R9 290x and put in my old gpu and my computer started up fine. I was wondering if this is a Gpu problem or a psu Problem or some this else entirely. 

My Pc specs are listed bellow 

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz

RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX

PSU 
Corsair TX650 

Edited by hamluis, 06 May 2015 - 01:00 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

What is the make and model of the old GPU?

I have to ask... did you check the power connection on the card to be sure both cards are powered?

Did the GPU work at all the last time you turned it on, or was it nonfunctional?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JonnyDD

JonnyDD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

The make of the old model was a AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series. I Checked the power cords that go directly go into the card, also I don't SLI these cards if that's what your inferring. Like I said I uses the MSI R9 290X for at least a week with no problems then then suddenly 1 day it stopped working. I also removed it cleaned it for any dust and put it back in and nothing happened. I personally think it could be a PSU issue because the model PSU I use is a TX 650 (corsair). For your last question when I was having the issue, no it didn't work at all so non-functional. 

The the thing is I need a new graphics card that can handle most nowday games like Counter Strike Global offensive, Guild Wars 2, League of legends and some others. Just simply my Old GPU just cant handle them in good quality graphical setting. Is there any GPU that you can recommend I could get that can handle these games at a budget of £300 or if you know of a solution to the MSI R9 290X.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users