Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help with my new graphic card

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ozshalgo

Ozshalgo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

I bought gtx 960 (gigabyte) and power supply (evga 500w) I plugged in everything to the right spot but when I press the power button it is trying to run everything I see the gateway logo in my screen but after this it freezes and I hear 3 beeps and then I see a black screen with blinking cursor on the left top of the screen do you know why or can you help me with that

Edited by hamluis, 04 May 2015 - 01:14 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

3 beeps normally indicates a ram problem, if you did not touch he ram I am not sure what happened.  Maybe the ram on the GPU can cause but I doubt it.

Edited by OldPhil, 04 May 2015 - 10:07 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

Try re-seating the RAM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?  If you need instructions, I've provided them below.

To boot into Safe Mode, start with the computer off.  

Press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key.  Continue till the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.  It will look similar to the image below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png 

You will need to use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode.  Once the pointer is over Safe Mode press Enter to choose this option.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Ozshalgo

Ozshalgo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

3 beeps normally indicates a ram problem, if you did not touch he ram I am not sure what happened.  Maybe the ram on the GPU can cause but I doubt it.

I don't think it's a problem with the RAM because I'm using nt4gc64b8hg0nf-cg (only 2 though) and I think I have enough memory in them.

Try re-seating the RAM.

I did but it's not working.

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?  If you need instructions, I've provided them below.

To boot into Safe Mode, start with the computer off.  

Press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key.  Continue till the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.  It will look similar to the image below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png 

You will need to use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode.  Once the pointer is over Safe Mode press Enter to choose this option.

Tried that too m computer freezes before I can do anything with it.

Edited by Ozshalgo, 04 May 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

The reason I asked for you to post the make and model of this computer is because that information let those reading this know what options are now available.  For instance, if this is a custom build you would have the installation disc for this operating system and could use it to perform a Startup Repair.  There are other options in the System Recovery Options that can be used as well, like Command Prompt.

If this is an OEM computer it should have a partition which can be used to perform a System Recovery, this would revert the operating system to the condition it originally came out of the box.  But some manufacturers or models don't have an option for using this option if the computer can't be started.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,382 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

It is possible that you inadvertently bumped on of the ram modules, if you have on board graphics try pulling the card if it boots then you may have an issue with the card.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#8 Ozshalgo

Ozshalgo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

The reason I asked for you to post the make and model of this computer is because that information let those reading this know what options are now available.  For instance, if this is a custom build you would have the installation disc for this operating system and could use it to perform a Startup Repair.  There are other options in the System Recovery Options that can be used as well, like Command Prompt.

If this is an OEM computer it should have a partition which can be used to perform a System Recovery, this would revert the operating system to the condition it originally came out of the box.  But some manufacturers or models don't have an option for using this option if the computer can't be started.

my computer model is dx4870-ur22

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

Did you mean the dx4870-ur22p

#10 Ozshalgo

Ozshalgo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

Did you mean the dx4870-ur22p

Yes sir that's what I meant I'm sorry

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

No problem. :thumbup2:

Do you have the owner's manual for this computer?

#12 Ozshalgo

Ozshalgo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

No problem. :thumbup2:

Do you have the owner's manual for this computer?

No, I don't but I talked to a guy and he said that it is because the ram even thou I have 8gb.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

I suspect that they were implying that there is a problem with the RAM, or one of the slots.

#14 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

Hello,

When you turn on the computer and you see the gateway logo- You should see the option to press Del Or F1 /F2  or Esc to enter setup.  Whatever key it is press it .. enter setup Once in there press Load Defaults or Load optimized defaults.

Then press save and exit.

See if that works for you

#15 Ozshalgo

Ozshalgo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

Hello,

When you turn on the computer and you see the gateway logo- You should see the option to press Del Or F1 /F2  or Esc to enter setup.  Whatever key it is press it .. enter setup Once in there press Load Defaults or Load optimized defaults.

Then press save and exit.

See if that works for you

I can't press the f12/del buttons because my computer freezes before I can to that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users