Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Hijacked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 mpaulo

mpaulo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

Please inspect. Thx! I have tried various antiadware and Trojan softwares. It calls itself "deletead".

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:

• I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Don't kill any malicious processes at your own.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition.txt is checked before you press the Scan button.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make 2 logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 mpaulo

mpaulo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

Dear Georgi, 

I have attached the scans to the forum. If u need to them copied and pasted, I can't do that, as my computer times out due to the sheer size of the text.

Thx!

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:

• I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Don't kill any malicious processes at your own.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition.txt is checked before you press the Scan button.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make 2 logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.

Regards,

Georgi

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:05 AM

Hi,

Sorry, what I meant was to download the latest version of FRST and to scan again the system as your situation may have changed.

Ok, for now please follow the steps below:

STEP 1

Chrome:
=======
CHR dev: Chrome dev build detected! <======= ATTENTION

We need to downgrade Google Chrome to the latest stable release. The adware has updated your browser to the developer version where Chrome internal checks are disabled and the adware will reinstall the malicious extensions periodically again if not downgraded...

Make sure that you export your passwords and favorites/bookmarks if you have any before you proceed with the steps below.

Check the links below for more information:

How to Export Bookmarks from Chrome

How To Backup Saved Passwords In Google Chrome Browse

Create a new Restore Point before you proceed just in case.

Now please download and install Revo Uninstaller 1.95.
Then please run Revo Uninstaller and select Google Chrome.
Please click Uninstall icon to uninstall the selected program.
Please choose Advanced.
Then click Next and follow the prompts.
Please click Select All and Delete to delete all registry items, folders and files listed by Revo.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so.

Please uninstall the following programs as well:

Calculator
GeekBuddy
McAfee Security Scan Plus
NoMore Ads
ReactorSys

STEP 2

Please run a new scan with FRST (make sure that Addition.txt is checked before you press the Scan button) and then please attach both logs to your next reply.

Don't reinstall Google Chrome for now.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#5 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hi,

It's been several days. Do you still need help on this?
This thread will be closed if you don't respond within 72 hours.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#6 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users