Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web pages very slow, even in Chrome!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pjgoodman2

pjgoodman2

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

Hi all,

I originally was in the malware section and worked with Alex, but she ran out of ideas and suggested I post this here. Any issues I had with malware are fixed, but I am still having the issue listed in the topic.

I received my HP notebook with Windows 8.1 for Christmas this past year. So my computer is 4 months old. It ran like lighting out of the box until recently. On March 24th, I was on Yahoo messenger and it froze. I restarted it and it ran fine again for a while, then seemed to slow down and videos were now choppy and slow to load. Any downloads are very slow and web pages load very slowly. Also, I have noticed (not all the time) that my indicator in the lower right hand corner of my screen, which shows my connectivity will sometimes fluctuate from 5 bars to 2 bars, back to 5 bars.....does not happen often but does occur. My wireless router has been changed and the problem persists. 

I had some malware issues but have since cleaned them all up. Still, my web pages load slowly. Occasionally, for some reason, the notebook reverts to it's old form and is blazing fast again, but if it is shut off or restarted, it is slow to load again.

My apps seem to load fine and quickly, but my internet is slow. My provider is Charter and my speed is 60 mbps,  But anything with video or animation is very slow.

I am at wits end. Is there any help here before I break down and just take it to a shop? I would appreciate any help I can get. I am getting frustrated and hope I don't have to take it to a shop.

Paul 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pjgoodman2

pjgoodman2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Still waiting for some ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic