Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need step by step help to install Photoshop 7 on computer with Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:59 AM

I have Home Premium edition with service pack 1.

I have a CD and downloaded the files into a folder automatically created called installation files on the C drive. I have tried installing the program from administrative mode and have tried all of the compatibility options and it still will not install.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?  There were a few suggestions on the internet through google search,, but many of them just seem way too complicated.

Thanks.

hYlAnDeR~TFC~
[OF/FA] Orion Faction-Retired
Game Squad Fleet Admiral~Retired

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

I doubt you will find any simpler instructions than those given at 3 Ways to Install Photoshop 6 or 7 on Windows 7 - wikiHow.

QUOTE: If you've been trying to install your old copy of Photoshop on Windows 7, you may be banging your head against your desk trying to get it to work. The problem exists on the most basic level of the operating system, but there are some workarounds. Follow this guide to get your software running.

Understand why it won’t install. Adobe Photoshop 6 and 7 use 16-bit installation programs. These programs have no issues running in 32-bit installations of Windows 7, but they cannot run in 64-bit installations of Windows 7.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users