Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Not Where Is Should Be.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lonsomjon

lonsomjon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

I'm trying to create a shortcut to Internet Explorer and can't find it where it should be. According to Windows Help I should find it by using:

Start > Programs > Accessories > (Explorer isn't there)

However, I can access Explorer from Window Help, but I can't create a shortcut for it from there.

Much obliged for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

You can go to start > search > for files and folders, enter internet explorer in the search box, click on search, and when you see internet explorer in the results right click on it, and when the drop down menu appears click on create shortcut, you will get a pop-up saying window can not create a shorcut here..., click on yes and you should have the shortcut on your desktop.

You can go to start > search > for files and folders, enter internet explorer in the search box, click on search, and when you see internet explorer in the results right click on it, and when the drop down menu appears click on create shortcut, you will get a pop-up saying window can not create a shorcut here..., click on yes and you should have the shortcut on your desktop.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:16 PM

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Start/Programs/Internet Explorer

It's not in Accessories.

You could do like in this picture--

http://i6.tinypic.com/16ks8pg.jpg

Edited by medab1, 03 July 2006 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users