Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lenovo b 50 70 EFI dvd boot Blocked

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nhbtitan

nhbtitan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

It states in Bios its blocked by current security policy, to my knowledge its hit pretty bad by Superfish

I am trying to reload Windows and delete my partition.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

Is this a Windows 8 DVD you are trying to boot? It should boot with SecureBoot enabled. Check your BIOS and disable SecureBoot. If you do not have a SecureBoot option then disable UEFI boot or enable Legacy Boot.

#3 nhbtitan

nhbtitan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:08 AM

ok I'll try

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

You probably need to change the boot order as well. You go into the "UEFi firmware settings", accessed from the "advanced options" section of "advanced startup options". What the UEFI settings interface looks like varies between manufactuers but it will likely be a basic interface with text on a screen and selection and motion controlled by the arrow keys. When you get to the UEFI interface you need to look through all it's options to find the section on boot order, you will need to use the arrow keys, or sometimes some of the f[number] keys to move them and put the opticla drive at the top. Which keys you use should be explained within the interface, it will say something like "use xxx keys to xxx and xxx and xx keys to xxx" in clearly visible text somewhere on screen. If secure boot needs disabling then it is likely that after choosing to disable it you will be shown a screen with a random 4 or 5 digit number on it, you will need to type this number in and press the enter key, it is likely that the keys won't show up on the screen as you type them. These things should also be expalined by clearly wirtten text in the menus. It might be a good idea to look for information on the bios settings for your particular computer type on the manufacturer's website before going into these settings. If you go into the UEFI settings and find yourself unsure of what to do, then take a look around, to see what the current settings are, don't change anything, then come out of the UEFi settings leaving them unchanged. Then provide further details here about what you see and what you want to do but don't know how. Don't make any changes to UEFI settings unless you are confident there are the right changes to make, if in doubt ask before changing them.

I'm not sure how superfish would be of relevance here, it broke https security on browsing traffic but shouldn't have any effects on system booting.

Edited by rp88, 03 May 2015 - 11:56 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users