Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scrolling Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spgreenfield

spgreenfield

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568676/scrolling-issues-after-windows-update/ - Hamluis.

I too, am having scrolling issues - probably just after the recent update! Using Windows 7 home edition, and I have a wired old trackman trackball by Logitech and at first scrolling was affected in Firefox, but now scrolling is not working even in installed apps along with IOS functions (using win explorer to search for files, etc.)  I want to know HOW to fix this issue!!!

Edited by hamluis, 02 May 2015 - 02:46 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

Hello there, 

Initially let’s put the computer in clean boot and check. 

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Follow the steps below:  

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. 
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
6. Check if you still have the issue.

Refer the link below for more details: 

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows 7: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/303091

Hope this helps! 

#3 spgreenfield

spgreenfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

Yes it still happens on a clean boot.  Scrolling upward is no issue.  Scrolling downward it's like pulling teeth - slow - or doesn't even move at all - then moves a little bit even if I'm rolling the wheel a ton....

Hope it's ok but I'm going to revert back to a normal boot now to avoid my virus protection being down...

Pam

Edited by spgreenfield, 02 May 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#4 spgreenfield

spgreenfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

Hoping someone can get back to me on this issue.  It is VERY annoying!

Pam

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,566 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

If the scrolling is the only system issue...I would try two things:

a.  Uninstall the mouse drivers, reboot and let them reinstall automatically.

b.  Replace the mouse with another and see if problem remains.

Louis

#6 spgreenfield

spgreenfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hi Louis!

I grabbed a Dell optical wheel mouse and it doesn't happen....guess it's a Logitech issue.  Have posted in their forum to see if anyone has a solution!  And there are no "specific" drivers for my trackball - grrrr - tried deleting it from device manager and rebooting - same issue.  Thanks though.  Unless you know something more about Logitech issues I'm probably going to have to upgrade if I want to keep a trackball....this is a very OLD trackball but had worked fine until last update!

Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users