Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confirmed Spied Upon by Hackers. Need Help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 halb3rd

halb3rd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hello o/, as stated above i am hacked ..well my pc was and it was confirmed by hackers themselves indirectly within an MMo ( prefer not saying the name ) i am playing. Possibility of doing so were caused of informations and tactics in pvp spying. They explicitly knows everything i typed or discussed wth my mates and friends, down to every single letter ( good thing i juggled my passwords, so they maybe get confused if they use keyloggers ). i am not sure if they even capable of seeing what is on my screen or voice chat too. If that is even possible.

I used Window 7 SP1 ( updated to most current updates )...yes for only having 1 antivrus ( Norton Symantec ) that time since the pc was only dedicated for gaming ( no other inet activties except casual browsing to teh game websites , and not shared with anyone ), i didn't expect it to be infected by anything ( yea i am that ignorant ). 

When i leaned that i was hacked i have downloaded EST , Bitdefender , MalwareBytes, Kaspersky AV, Emisoft Emergency Kit, Hitman Pro, Spybot S&D and few more  AV and Antimalwares programs, scanned my pc in normal and safe mode. Even tried doing rescue scan with Bitdefender Rescuse CD/Thumbdrive  in safemode but none worked in finding the culprit hackware or spyware or viruses ..except for some tracking cookies related to my inet browsers.  ( All this while being taunted by the hackers in the game everytime i logged into the game because they know everything i did to clean the pc ).

Finally i decided to 'nuke it from orbit' method, reformatting the pc n reinstalling the windows, downloaded all the updates, Bitdefender Total Security and MalwareBytes. Being advised by a friend, i am now using a VPN with strong data, handshake and  authentication encryptions . 

Things is now when i logged on one of them hackers indirectly was saying its all about knowing the IP. ( Possibility just trying to scare now, and they probably got my Ip from teamspeak if one of them is an admin on TS server we logged on. )

Is the VPN good enough prevention from group of targeting hackers ? Is hacking possible without having any files or wares injected into my pc ? I am now a bit paranoid on not being hacked again , so help me. Are tehy even capable of detecting me while i was downloading updates before downloading antivirus and VPN right after the full format  ? Please ask any info if needed and try not to direct me to an article full with technical jargons i don't understand since i'm a very casual computer user.

Edited by halb3rd, 02 May 2015 - 07:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users