Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got a new Battery-apparently it needs to be replaced?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 randomusername

randomusername

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

I recently purchased a new battery recently (one that was absolutely identical to my old one) for my laptop, and it's worked fine over the past few weeks. However last night I had a gaming session with some friends for a my few hours playing civilisation V, and now this morning I'm getting messages to "replace my battery". I'm really not sure why this has happened, my laptop did not overheat, it stayed pretty much lukewarm throughout the whole session, and my original battery managed to "endure" much worse before I got a replacement message (back when I was more careless with over charging and not making efforts to keep it cool).

Is this just some sort of bug?

Or is it dodgy? I think it may have been preowned, but it was from an online retailer that had 99.99% positive reviews.

The battery is an AS10D81 battery for Acer Aspire.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5560G with an A6-3420M quad core processor.

4GB ram

Windows 7

AMD radeon HD 6520G intergrated card with a 7670M dedicated card.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

You probably should not have bought a used battery. You can find the current capacity of the battery by doing the following.

Type CMD in the search box. Right click Run as Administrator

type: powercfg -energy

This will create an HTML report. In the report there is a battery section. If the capacity of the last charge is less than a certain amount Windows will say the battery needs to be replaced. I would cut and paste the battery section and contact the seller asking for a new battery.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7638/use-powercfg-in-windows-7-to-evaluate-power-efficiency/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users