Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Let's Get Physical!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

Well, I have been running Windows 10 since Sept. 2014 as a Virtual Machine.  No longer!!  As of today I am now running Windows 10 as a physical machine.  WOW & how nice... to have all the virtues of physical, none of the fun or limitations of virtual AND to, really, see how this this flies.  The VM was ok but, damn this thing sure shines even more so, now.  Anyway, just thought I'd share my smile @ having it a 'proper' set-up, now.

And this is whilst using Edge, too.  A fast, smooth, snappy, very capable, Windows 10 & Edge.

Cheers,
Drew
thO622AIFO_zpsncnl0jup.jpg

PS: It is in the same box as my 8.1 but, not dual-boot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

Sounds real nice. Have fun.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Sounds real nice. Have fun.

It is, Rocky.  I will :)  (I am :busy:  )

Cheers,
Drew

Edited by Drew1903, 02 May 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#4 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

Ok, so Friday, 2 days ago, I set up a physical Windows 10; as opposed to the virtual machine I had been running since Sept '14 until then.  The only thing is can have multiple instances of IE in Multiple Desktops BUT, only one instance of Edge.  And there's a few things in regard to Edge including some sites not ok, ahem... BUT, other than that, some people will not like, believe or expect, what I am about to say.... and mind you I was enjoying the VM, albeit w/ a few 'challenges'. 

Damn, this Windows 10 works well!!  I know I've long said it's easy to use... But, seriously, to see it like this... just so solid, smooth, snappy, quick, great graphics, and simply, everything just works & works well, does what its supposed, what one wants & expects & does it well.  And all so easily!!  Now my webcam/ mic works, :thumbsup2:   And could put MY few things straight from my USB 'toolkit'.  Too bad any whinging or folks experiencing issue or what they call problems or giving low ratings.  I know this installation I have going, now, sure works well.  If didn't know it, would never know it was/is a beta.

For all the naysayers & cynics, I just cannot fault its Features, operation of it or its performance.  This being only Build 10074, the GA may be darn nice & exciting, if this is any indication, @ all...

I might mention, again, it is in the same tower as my 8.1 but, not dual-boot.

Cheers,

Drew

#5 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:17 AM

Where Netplwiz did nothing in the VM it works just fine in the physical machine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users