Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 - 2 audio card set up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

Hi,

I have MB with build in audio card and PCI Creative Audigy (default). I have two screens connected to my PC, DVI for Asus screen and Sony TV through HDMI. Desktop is extanded to the right on SONY TV.

So, I am trying to set up like this:

-on Sony TV stream movies in browser (netflix, you tube etc) and use my speakers connected to Creative Audigy/or through HDMI cable to TV.

-on PC screen play games and have audio through headphones - which I guess will be connected to MB build in sound card.

But not sure how to set up, as you can't assaign sound card to specific screen, and all sounds ends mixed up.

Done similiar thing, but on TV i did have to use VLC (change there settings for defult sound card) But it was tricky to ge this work everytime and now want to stream stuff from net (using Firefox).

Any tips if set up like this is possible?

Thanks for reading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

little update

Manage to do that using this software:

http://www.chevolume.com/

To play/stream video using this software and switching audio card use google Chrome browser (doesnt work on Firefox).

Best work if game work on default sound card, and switching stream (chrome Adobe Flash player) to your 2nd audio card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users