Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Error 80070490

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saladtoss6

saladtoss6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

My OS is Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. Windows Update hasn't been able to search for updates for a while and gives error code 80070490. I have run System Update Readiness Tool, SFC, and SFCFix and used the log file info to fix some errors, but not all. CheckSUR log shows 25 CBS Registry Errors and one last unavailable repair .manifest file that I haven't been able to find. Any help would truly be appreciated!

Log files:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

You've already provided all the information I would usually request, but I'm not familiar with this type of corruption.

Hopefully another helper has seen this before.

Have you made sure your hard disk isn't failing?

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 08 May 2015 - 08:13 PM.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

I have created a SFCFix script for you.

***WARNING***

This script was created for this user's computer only!

Using this script on another computer may cause other problems!

Download Attached File  sfcfix.txt   12.2KB   2 downloads and save it somewhere it can be easily located, then drag and drop it onto sfcfix.exe

Upload the sfcfix.txt file created by sfcfix.exe (on your desktop) with your next reply.

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 09 May 2015 - 09:00 AM.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#4 saladtoss6

saladtoss6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Sorry I'm just now replying. The original problem was fixed and I could search for updates, but half of them wouldn't install. I think there were just too many corruptions. I found an SP2 slipstreamed vista ISO online and was finally able to do an upgrade reinstall, which fixed everything and all updates installed. Thank you so much for your time! =)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users