Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900 wifi connection fails

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 18miperday

18miperday

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

My Tab Pro worked fine for several months after I purchased it. Recently it has been dropping the connection during Web browsing with the Dolphin web browser. After the connection fails, Chrome reports that the proxy server is unavailable and other apps report that the connection has failed. Turning wifi off and on does not restore the connection. Turning airplane mode on and off does not restore the connection. Forgetting and reestablishing the wifi connection does not help. In the Settings, the wifi connection is shown as connected, the signal strength is strong, and the speed is shown as 24 mbps, yet the apps cannot connect. Restarting the device restores the connection for a while, and then the connection fails again. Visiting the AMEX website and attempting to log in always causes it to fail, but it fails at other times as well.

The tablet is running Android 4.4.2. It has been updated as of 4/29/2015.

Update: The failure has only occurred while using the Dolphin browser. Chrome is able to log in to AMEX, and the connection has been stable while browsing other sites with Chrome. I've sent a report to Dolphin support.

Edited by 18miperday, 01 May 2015 - 09:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users