Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This should snap a few minds!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

Bill Board on "Your Desk Top"

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/204595-lock-screen-ads-on-windows-10-bring-us-closer-to-a-nightmarish-capitalist-dystopia

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Why do you think they are giving 10 away?

Like I have said before, Here's what I think could happen.

Ms gives Windows 10 away as a " Free " upgrade and you are " upgraded " automatically during Windows update xxxxxxx.xx, You Windows 7 or 8 key is now a Windows 10 key and no longer valid on older Windows versions, With me so far? And next year,  All the PC's in the stores are Windows 10, You can't roll back to Windows 7or 8, Bring on the " PoP up ADD's ". Now if I was MS I would also give everybody still using XP a free " Upgrade " to Windows 10, That's ten's of millions of captive PC's that they can spam.  More PC's more $$$$ easy.

:flame: :flame: :flame:

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

I expect a way to disable that feature too, so I'm not really worried.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

Remember this is what you can see it is what you don't see that will become the issue, also that fact that you will not be able to revert to you old OS.  Sure on the tech boards work arounds may be found.  The average user will be screwed having little to know knowledge they will be "Lemmings" jumping off the cliff.   Rather "Orwellian" Don't you think!  Common fact Bill Gates along with many other tech giants have been inducted into the Bilderberg group, they wish to control ALL!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

As I have said before... if you do not like what Microsoft does with its OS, vote with your wallet and don't use Windows.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

I'm pretty sure that you can't downgrade on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 without a clean reinstallation anyway, so what's the issue? You're talking licence/product key wise?

As I have said before... if you do not like what Microsoft does with its OS, vote with your wallet and don't use Windows.

Then. If all you can do is complain about a product, stop using it, it just encourages it and says that you "support" it.

Edited by Aura., 01 May 2015 - 08:10 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

Remember this is what you can see it is what you don't see that will become the issue, also that fact that you will not be able to revert to you old OS.  Sure on the tech boards work arounds may be found.  The average user will be screwed having little to know knowledge they will be "Lemmings" jumping off the cliff.   Rather "Orwellian" Don't you think!  Common fact Bill Gates along with many other tech giants have been inducted into the Bilderberg group, they wish to control ALL!

I'm watching my updates like a hawk, and if by some chance my beloved Win 7, which cost me over $100, gets wiped out Microsoft will be hearing from my lawyer.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#8 williamjohnson

williamjohnson

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

When saying this you should post a link to a tutorial (s) on other OS(s)

Most errors are ID 10 T errors

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Either they are ID-10-T, or it's a Code 16 (or 18).

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users