Hi guys, I've been experiencing some internet access problems. From time to time (quite regularly actually) I will suffer from severe internet slowdown or more often complete loss of internet access. I have broadband, use a wi-fi connection and share internet access with other flatmates. Initially, I thought the problem was because of peak time access, or my flat mates were hogging the bandwidth but I've found that his problem has reared it's ugly head when it's midday and they're not here. Plus, it seems that I am the only one experiencing this issue, when it happens to me they are having no issues at all.
Looking into this problem, I thought it was initially because my IPv6 read 'No Internet Access' while my IPv4 was working fine. But after a bit more reading it seems that I needn't be concerned about IPv6.
Things I have read and tried:
- Multiple restarts on the router (hard and soft)
- Disconnect and reconnect on my laptop
- Using the Windows diagnose issue (does occasionally work - screenshots of when it doesn't below)
- Uninstalled Bonjour
- McAfee AV issue (I have removed all traces of this now)
- Changed the TCP/IPv4 properties to obtain DNS server address automatically
- Having a fixed IP address rather than obtain automatically
The following commands in cmd:
- netsh winsock catalog reset - netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
- /f route
- ipconfig /release - ipconfig /renew (screenshots of what I get below)
I have a feeling this might be revealing the route cause, but I don't know what that is:
ipconfig /renew screeny
Windows Network Diagnostics 1
Windows Network Diagnostics 2
Super slow internet access, barely loading a page.
I would very much appreciate any and all help with this thanks!