Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New pc build, 3 cords left to plug but where do they go?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MayorChomo

MayorChomo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

Hi everyone.
I have a Corsair Carbide Series 330R Titanium Edition Mid Tower Case I am using to build a new pc but there are three cords from the front of the case and I don't know where to plug them.
They have 3 pins, with space for a fourth. Pictures uploaded.

If anyone knows what they are and where to plug them, I would very much appreciate the help.

x1xVLHp.jpg
ND5ySwv.jpg
AfZlyNP.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,178 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

What do the wires go to?

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/cases/330R_Titanium_InstallGuide.pdf

Edited by Platypus, 01 May 2015 - 06:16 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

It looks like a fan connector, part of the fan controller maybe? You would plug a fan into this connection. Can you follow the wire to the source?

Edited by zingo156, 01 May 2015 - 07:27 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

Some other images of fan connectors: http://www.crazycables.co.uk/shop/images/T/l_70.268b.jpg

http://v7.freep.cn/3tb_1309091916362w91384678.jpg

Generally the wired 4 pin connectors support temperature controlled fans. This is not common anymore so most fan controllers have 3 pins. These pins are for power and tachometer (RPM's).

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 MayorChomo

MayorChomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Those other images helped, I didn't recognise them as extra fan slots and it wasn't listed on the specs for the case.

Thanks for all the help :)

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

I read Platypus's link above and in part 7 it does mention a fan controller with 3 channels. You should be able to plug in 3 fans and control them from switches on the case (I didn't see the switches but I assume they exist somewhere on the front).

Glad to help. Happy computing.

#7 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

Well I am confused, in the pictures of the case I have seen no switches to control fans. I wonder if it is an add on part but the case is already wired for the fans. From this link it makes me think that you have to get the fan controller separately still no image: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-330r-titanium-edition-fan-controller

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,178 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

in the pictures of the case I have seen no switches to control fans

That was my main reason for asking where the wires ran to. If they came out at the other end in a space where they could plug into some extra accessory, then they would just be pre-wired for an option.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

Front of case has a 3 speed fan controller switch.

Review

Behind the convertibly Right or Left handed opening door is the centrally located 3 speed SP/TT Single Pole/Triple Throw switch that controls dc voltages (7vdc/9vdc/12vdc) to the internally located fans. If you have a simple build and not a huge hot graphics card you can get away with running these fans at a low speed for sub silent operation but if you need more flow of air or more cooling full power the interior fans can be ramped up to maximum speed and give the interior the full effect of all the available fans at maximum speed and cooling or you can just set on medium and get the best of both worlds.

Three-Speed-fan-controller-600x400.jpg

#10 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,178 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

Ah yes! Even though I found information about the case, it was very late at night and I couldn't spare the time to study up on it or do further research.

#11 MayorChomo

MayorChomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

Ah so the three cords have speed functionality through that little slider on the front. So all up six fans can be installed?

3 in the motherboard, and three in those front case cords?

I couldn't tell from looking where the wires lead, just in a jumbled mess at the front top of the case. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users