Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i7 4790K HOT temps ~100C while gaming

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lacri43

Lacri43

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:31 AM

Okay... I'm like the gamer type of person. I built this pc 2 weeks ago: Motherboard H97M-PLUS // CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz // 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (Gigabyte).

The first day I got on my new pc I remember myself checking the temps and everything was good... but not THAT good as I expected. Well everything was at low 40 (idle)- when my old pc barely touched 40 C (idle).
Today I decided to check those temps for the first time after many hours of gaming. It was a simple configuration check, till I saw my CPU reaching 98 C.

Exited the game (The Sims4 - high graphics etc) -> CPU's temp immediately fell down to 67 C going up to 78 C and down again.

After a bit of time idle my CPU's temp stabilized to  ~50 C.

Tried to launch Heroes of The Storm (MOBA game - not THAT high graphics even in options) -> CPU's temp went up to 80 C in like no time.

I googled almost everything.

-I read about the "lack of thermal paste" situation (I know how important that is cause once my old pc's GPU had high temps and that solved the problem, but this one was like 5 years old.... my CPU now is 2 weeks old. How could it not be like brand new?)

-I read about the "fan" thing and "i7's must have an aftermarket fan". Yeah, I got the stock's one... but come on... I know people having i7 with it's stock fan on and not such a problem ever occured to them. (Anyways.. I really tend to wish that this is to blame)

-...I also read about the CPU voltage. To be honest: I have not a single clue of these things. Though what I almost felt after reading the opinions of many pc-insiders, is that this could be the problem for real. I never got to change anything in BIOS. I don't even know if that's for sure to be at fault.

In overall I need guidance please...
and thank you in advance.

P.S. I have attached a screenshot with all the info that you might need to know about my PC specs, temps etc

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users