Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Boot Drive Letter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

Ok, the computer i'm working on currently went through a lot of stuff, basically it stopped "seeing" both hard drives... it's a dell, so I look at the array, and it sees them there, so I decide to format both of the drives (the user had backed up all their information thankfully) however now it says that C: is a removable media and F: is my boot, which would be all well and dandy, but I'm trying to download drivers from a website, and it won't let me choose where to download to, and it tries to download to c, which won't work. So is there a way I can change the boot drive to C? Maybe by switching the ide cables possibly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

Actually since the system has made drive F: your boot drive and C: a removable media the only real way is to re-format the drives and re-install Windows again but this time you have to read the screens as to where the installation is formatting and where it is putting things. Basically you read every screen and you will find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users