Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center + tv card

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

I am uncertain as to whether I'm dealing with a hardware or software issue... though, I am leaning towards hardware.
I have a Hauppauge WinTv card in my computer so I can hook my antenna up and watch tv on my desktop.  A few days back I had trouble... it was searching for a signal and couldn't find it.  I ended up reaching back and found that the computer was pushed back against the wall and after I pulled it away and the cable didn't have as much pressure on it, the signal came back on.
Days passed and just now I went to watch some shows...(I hate missing my shows... HA)
Same issue.  I think at first it said it was searching for tuners...  I tried taking the cable off and put it back on...  I even went into device manager and uninstalled the device AND the driver...  Reinstalled itself and still... no luck.  It shows no signal for every channel.

While playing with the cable in the back, I did not notice anything loose... 
Any suggestions?  How can I test to see if it's hardware vs software?
I also reboot the computer... twice. 
I'm not really exctied about the potential of buying a new card for the computer.  Wouldn't mind a new computer one of these days but not yet... 
eh...  grrr...  I'll have to catch up on my shows another night I guess...

20.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users