Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adwcleaner

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 maxonnxc

maxonnxc

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

my version was outdated so adwcleaner redirected me to main site i download it then run it and this popup comes up saying i am running old version so i downloaded it again click run still says i am running older version even thought i click on adwcleaner_4.203. so i click ok and this time version 4.202 starts up as you can see in the SS i took..

well i quess i cant add the SS on here i dont see attachment button or icon to click on.

anyhow why is it keep telling me i am running older version when i click on the latest version?

ty  chris

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 April 2015 - 08:57 PM.
Moved to AV forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

Hi maxonnxc :)

Files cannot be attached in this section. If you want to post a screenshot here, you'll have to host it on a website like Imgur.com (takes a few seconds to upload and link). Also, can you start AdwCleaner, click on the Uninstall button, then download AdwCleaner from the link below and try to execute it? Make sure it's located on your Desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Edited by Aura., 30 April 2015 - 07:29 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

v4.2.0.2 is listed as the latest version here at BC but the AdwCleaner download page indicates 4.2.0.3.

Starting with v4, AdwCleaner's database and AdwCleaner's code were separated. AdwCleaner uses a SQLite database stored on toolslib server and each new version of AdwCleaner will contain an embedded database. AdwCleaner automatically checks on every start for the newest database and downloads it (if available and there is a working Internet connection) regardless of what version is installed. When you attempt to run an older version of AdwCleaner, the program will automatically check for updates. If one is found, AdwCleaner you provide a message advising you are running an outdated version and ask you to click OK (or Cancel) in order to open the download page so you can get the latest version.

If you click the Cancel button instead of OK, AdwCleaner will automatically download the database definitions in a manner similar to Malwarebytes and open it's main interface when done so you can use it and perform a scan. This means when the database is updated, a new version of AdwCleaner will not have to be compiled for download.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 maxonnxc

maxonnxc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

i am running version 4.203 now, i uninstall version 4.202 now 4,203 works. the program says it is version 4.203 at the top left of scan window.

it did all what you said it stated i had older version it went to download site downloaded the version 4.203. i click on 4.203 it said samething adwcleaner was outdated.  how i got it to work i did what Aura said to do i uninstalled older version, i then installed the 4.203 installed now it works.

thank you all  for the helping.

Edited by maxonnxc, 03 May 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

The AdwCleaner download page indicated 4.2.0.3 but when I downloaded the other day it actually was the older version. Since then the developer updated with the correct version. As of this morning, the BC download link is still for v4.2.0.2.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Glad to know that you got it working maxonnxc :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

And you now know you can update the database and scan with an older version.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

AdwCleaner have been updated to v4.2.0.3 yesterday on BleepingComputer, so you should be able to download the right version for it now :)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

unite_blue.png

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

maxonnxc already advised he was running the correct version.

i am running version 4.203 now, i uninstall version 4.202 now 4,203 works.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

I know, I'm just saying that now it shows the right version on BleepingComputer as well since it was mentionned :)

v4.2.0.2 is listed as the latest version here at BC

unite_blue.png

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

And I replied because you also told maxonnxc

....so you should be able to download the right version for it now...

He does not need to do that since he already has that version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users