Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC won't recognize USB Bluetooth adapter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 888terri

888terri

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hi I have a PC with multiple USB ports, no bluetooth capability   :( . I am running Windows 7. I purchased a bluetooth adapter which appears to work (blue light is on), however when I insert into any of the ports the PC tells me "does not recognize usb device". Purchased a Bose bluetooth speaker and it is happily working off my phone.

Any ideas? I tried the adapter in 2 different laptops also and had the same problem - do I assume the adapter itself is no good, or am I missing something? Any help gratefully accepted - I need some music!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:41 PM

Hello, and welcome

Go to Services and make sure the Bluetooth service is started and set to automatic. 

If it is then see if there is a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager next to the USB bluetooth device. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

Is there a maker and model number for the USB device?

#3 888terri

888terri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Thanks JohnC, my Bluetooth service was set to manual, it now says automatic.

There was a yellow exclamation as you said above, where to I copy and paste the first line to?

No brand name or model written on it, just the bluetooth logo. These are instructions listed:

Instructions for use:
Insert the USB of the receiver into any available USB port or to a AC to USB adapter to get power.
Connect the speaker's 3.5mm audio cable to the bluetooth dongle.
Open the Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone (or computer), search Bluetooth devices to find and pair a device called SF-LY002, pairing code is 0000, after the pairing is successful, the led light will slow down
Now you can select the music via Bluetooth from a cell phone or computer, a great music will play from speaker

Specifications:
Bluetooth Standard: Bluetooth V2.0+EDR, support A2DP V1.2
Power supply: 5V USB
Output: 3.5mm Audio interface
Distance: 5-10 meters (estimate only, actual distance may vary)

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,917 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

Copy and paste the first line in your next post. When you go back to services is the Bluetooth service started? If not start the service then attach the USB bluetooth device. 

Edit: Is this your device?

http://www.amazon.com/Neelam-SF-LY002-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter/dp/B00L67WMLG

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 April 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#5 888terri

888terri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Yes looks the same

USB\UNKNOWN - that's what it says under Value in Harware IDs.

The bluetooth service is showing as started and automatic, when I reiniserted the USB I got the same error message

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-Bluetooth-Music-Dongle-Audio-Receiver-Adapter-Phone-Speakers-White-USB-/261486768421?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3ce1d37125

This is the one I brought

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,917 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

The device is supposed to be plug and play. If possible I would contact the seller and ask for a refund or exchange.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Edit: If you cannot return the device you can try installing Bluetooth software. Attach the USB dongle before downloading the software. Reboot the computer.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Edit Edit: I would create a restore point before installing the software and also create a System Repair Disk if you do not have one already.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 April 2015 - 10:19 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users