Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server 2012 R2 - Remote Apps (RDWeb) and Self Signed Certificates!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Hi all! I have been playing around with VM's on Microsoft Azure just to try and have some Windows Services facing externally that I can play around with and test.

I have spun up a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server and installed Remote Desktop Services on it. I am looking to publish some remote apps and ideally I am looking to get it to work externally.

The Server has been given an IP address which is fine, i have gone to my domain and actually setup cloud.mydomain.co.uk and DNS for this is pointing to the IP address of the server. This is all working and functioning! 

Basically if I go onto my server and connect to the RDweb section and login, i can see my remote apps, i can download the laucher and open them, all works great! :)

If however, I go to https://cloud.mydomain.co.uk/RDWeb it asks me to login, I can then see my remote apps but when I click on them I get a certificate error similar to the one attached!

What am i missing....what do I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks! :)

Attached Files

Edited by David Ashcroft, 30 April 2015 - 05:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Because you are using self-signed certificates, you need to export the RDGateway's certificate and import it into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder on the client computer you are using to connect. This link may help.

http://andrewstechnology.co.uk/reference/tips/44-sbs2011-rd-gateway-cant-verify-error.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users