Please follow the instructions below. If you do not understand anything, feel free to stop and ask.MiniToolbox by Farbar
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
- List Restore Points
and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
===Farbar Service Scanner
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
and run it on the computer with the issue.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center/Action Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
===AdwCleaner by Xplode
Please download AdwCleaner
by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
- The tool will start to update the database, please wait a bit.
- Click on I agree button.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, ensure that all items are checked and click on the Cleaning button.
- AdwCleaner will asks to reboot to finish cleaning.
- A log will open when the system finishes rebooting. Please copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
===Junkware Removal Tool
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
===ESET Online Scanner
You will need to use Internet Explorer
for this scan.
- Hold down Ctrl and click here to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.
- Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
- Click Start.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under Scan settings, put a checkmark in Scan Archives.
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Scan.
- ESET Online Scanner will automatically update and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats.
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Please report on the status of your computer after you have finished with the steps.