Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fax sends but doesn't receive

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

Ok using windows 8.1  64 bit and an espson multi- printer with fax model WF 2660.

I can send a fax then a fax is received but its not in the inbox so assuming that the message was

received where is it on the printer or maybe the message is wrong and not received so had do check

that then fix it ?

Thanks for the help . . . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

What software are you using to do your sending / receiving?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

Hum the software that's on the C D that came with the printer;  what else would I use ?

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

There are several other programs designed to send and receive FAX documents. What is the name of the program you are using?

Dick

Dick E

#5 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Ok thought I said it hows this its on the C.D. that came with my Epson W F 2660  printer .

Don t think I can be any clearer can I ?  ?

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

I was hoping that they had bundled a third party program to do the Faxing. Reading the manual I see that it's their code and integrated. Not a problem.

You say you are sending FAXs but not receiving them. Have you gone through the manual and the setup for receiving FAXs?

Dick

Dick E

#7 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

I tried making the best guess's I could in settings and options their techy help is worthless and the owners manual is are awful.

Never sure whats going on; I get so few details and that's not good.     I sent a fix and all I get is "  Fax Sent " says nothing about if the fax got received and in what condition. 

Then receiving a fax is very very flakey; I have what the machine says is " incoming fax "  but either nothing comes or it comes and doesn t get  printed or saved into the inbox or gets saved and not printed or saved then I go to inbox and print from their; using the fax is all over the map which suggests the settings / options and theirs a confusing bunch are way way off. 

The phone rings two times then the fax picks up on the 4th; so thinking maybe the fax thinks the phone call is a fax and its not ?

L a t e r

#8 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

Is the phone line an analog [land line] or a digital [voice over IP] line?

[my experience] Normally when I send a FAX I get a report back from the machine indicating what happened. In most cases it tells me how many pages were sent, the number hey were sent to and how long it took to send them. When the FAX isn't sent it gives me an error message [line busy, etc.]

Dick

Dick E

#9 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

Ok I don t any details beyond what I posted and its annoying so assuming settings and options for sending/ receiving / print then save to inbox etc aren t set right .     I have the manual but its all geek to me not user friendly the manual so wonder if theirs better software to use with the Epson instead of whatevers on the Epson cd . ? 

Using optimum digital with their internet service over cable .  .

#10 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

Sorry, but without the details I have no clue as to what's happening or how I might be able to help you

Dick E

#11 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

"   Sorry, but without the details I have no clue as to what's happening or how I might be able to help you "

You didn t say what details you need that I haven t provided !  ?

#12 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

Please review each of my messages and be sure you have provided an answer to each of my questions.

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users