Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find source of unresponsive Toshiba Satellite

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 melodiesonmusic

melodiesonmusic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

I turned on my laptop and the backlight lit up but there was no display. I could hear it turning on and the indicator light came on. When connected to an external monitor, the display was just fine. I did some research, opened it up and disconnected and reconnected a few things (which I do often) and closed it back up. When I tried to turn it on this morning it was unresponsive. When connected to the ac adapter the charging light will turn on but the power button does not turn the laptop on. I desperately need this laptop for school, it's beyond it's warranty and I don't have the money to get it serviced. If I can find the source of the problem I'm open to replacing said part as long as it's not more expensive than sending it out to Toshiba.

I've since taken the entire thing apart. The only things connected are the motherboard and CPU, both of which I've taken out and cleaned (fan was gross but I digress). I'm handy enough to be able to put it back together correctly and I know the basic parts, but I was hoping that someone could walk me though some troubleshooting as I put it back together. Or if that's not how it's done, maybe someone can help me take it apart in the right order to isolate the problem part.

I have high hopes that it can work again (as it was powering up just fine a couple days ago with the exception if the display problem) I'm just not sure how to go about getting it back to that point.

Thanks in advance for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users