Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

100% CPU Utilization

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rammis

Rammis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

I'm running 7 Home Prem.  system is spawning svchost.exe & msiexec.exe processes.  I have run multiple utilities, Combofix, speedyPC Pro, etc. researched on other forums & still cannot find the root of the problem.

The laptop is a vintage Toshiba but does what the user needs to have done....  only 2GB & a 1.5 single processor - so getting a few cycles to troubleshoot is really frustrating 'Safe mode' appears to function in normal limits.

Open to any ideas, please

Rammis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

Since you have run ComboFix...I suggest you follow the procedures outlined in Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and post a new topic in the forum containing the Prep Guide.  If you have the ComboFix log, also paste the contents of it into your new topic, along with the FRST results.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed to avoid confusion and you should follow the suggestions provided in your new topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users