Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock not correct, resets every time I boot up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ta_ammy

ta_ammy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

Hi all,

Hopefully I've posted this in the correct forum, I'm having a slight problem with my computer, every time I boot up it up, it keeps resetting the clock, I've reset it numerous times, also I can't connect to the internet.

I've checked my internet settings, and there's a clear signal, and the router is working fine.

Any advice and help would be appreciated

ta_ammy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

Hi ta_ammy :)

Usually, if the clock in Windows resets itself everytime you restart your computer, it means that the time in your BIOS isn't well set. So I suggest you to go in it and adjust the date/time. If the BIOS also looses its date/time on reboot, it means that the CMOS battery needs to be changed.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 ta_ammy

ta_ammy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

Erm I know this is a daft question but the BIOS would be the option that comes up if I select "F8" when my computer is loading up, i just wanna be sure before I start playing with stuff

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,551 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

The Function (or key) used to access the BIOS depends on your computer/laptop manufacturer (or if it's a custom built, motherboard manufacturer). Do you know your computer/laptop brand and model?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 ta_ammy

ta_ammy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hi Aura,

Yes its a Dell, INSPIRON 1525, Ive found it, and got it sorted, yay!

Thanks for your help, hope you have a fanstastic day.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,551 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

No problem ta_ammy, my pleasure :) Glad that you got it all sorted out.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users