Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keeps blue screening

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Buubble

Buubble

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

I keep receiving the BAD_POOL_CALLER bluescreen, I used whocrashed to see what was causing this and it said netio.sys and ntoskrnl.exe but it says there are not third party softwares causing this and I'm not sure how to fix this. I've tried running sfc/scannow but it always stops at 27% and says it can't fix corrupt files. Thanks in advance for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechWiz365

TechWiz365

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Have you considered doing a system restore to before the blue screen happend?

#3 Buubble

Buubble
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

I've had this issue for a while and doing a system restore hasn't helped

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

ntoskrnl.exe is the Windows NT Kernel and definitely is not the cause - it is merely a default.

Since netio.sys (Microsoft Networking driver) is listed (again - not the cause; a default), see if updating your networking drivers helps (wifi + Ethernet)

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users