Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password In Dial Up Settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wizardofaus

wizardofaus

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

On Saturday I was at my uncle's and we installed the latest windows update. On Sunday he rang me to ask why he couldn't log on to the internet. By a process of elimination we found his password in dial up settings had changed (not the password itself, but what was saved in the password box)

This morning the same thing had happened to me.

Is this strange? Whereas we both had 8 character passwords (both ISP supplied from different ISPs) They were both showing 12 characters........

It doesnt worry me, but I am curious.........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

I don't know if it's normal for the passwords to change, but I do know that the number of pips showing is just another of XP's security features. It does not show the exact number of characters - purposely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users