Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up My Case Phono Socket

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 8-bit

8-bit

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:08 PM

I have a socket on the front of my case for headphones to be attached but I dont know what way the connectors attach to my motherboard. The connectors I have are labelled L-RET,R-RET,GROUND,L-OUT,R-OUT and the connections labelled on my m/b are BLINE_OUT_L, Line out_L, BLINE_OUT_R, Line out_R, +5VA, MICPWR, AGND, MIC2. Can anyone tell me what goes where?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Maceman

Maceman

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

Look in your motherboard booklet. They tell you exactly where each connector goes.

#3 8-bit

8-bit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the reply. Thats the thing, it does'nt really make it very clear. The connections Ive listed above are what I have to work with and neither have matching names.

#4 connor7555

connor7555

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

I have recently gone through the same situation. My old motherboard had a three pin snap in connection. The new one has the ten pin options. I hooken the three pins up to L-OUT, GROUND, R-OUT. I get sound but only a fraction of what I got under the old setup.

#5 8-bit

8-bit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:37 AM

Thanks, thats a start I guess. I'll give it a go myself. :thumbsup:

#6 connor7555

connor7555

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

I bought new speakers with their own power supply and they gave me full volume. I was using the powerless speakers that I had used with my old motherboard and that is why the sound levels were so low.

The connections that I mentioned in the earlier post should work with the right speakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users