Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HoloLens gets alot of attention at Microsoft's Build 2015 Developer Conference

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

At todays Build 2015 Microsoft displayed some of the key features of their new HoloLens halogram technology during the keynote presentation. This new Microsoft technology is simply amazing and exciting to watch. In the presentation the developers showed that you can use HoloLens to pin apps to your wall like paintings, place widgets such as a Weather app on your side table, or put a big Calendar window on your desktop so you are always up to date on your appointments.

hololens.jpg

One of the coolest features was how one of the developers used HoloLens to watch a movie, have it follow him around as he walked, and then pinned it to the wall when he got to where he wanted to go. For those interested in Windows HoloLens, I suggest you watch the recorded presentation here: http://channel9.msdn.com/?wt.mc_id=build_hp. When watching the video you can fast forward to 4:04:50 on the video to learn more about HoloLens.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

Hi Grinler.

This is really amazing. But, it is "Hololens" not "Halolens", right?

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

Fixed...not sure what happened there.

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Very cool, just a shame this sort of interface technology couldn't be somehow backwards compatible so you could just buy a USB "thing" and a headset then replicate this for computers running any older, or other, operating system. Actually there might be quite a market for such a device "plug and play virtual reality interfaces with any operating system", even if with other operating systems all it could do is "project" the whole screen onto surfaces rather than separate apps in different places.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users