Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot sync books to iPad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

I've had my iPad for about two years and have never had a problem like this before.  I have no idea what else to try or what the issue is, so I am hoping that someone here will have an idea.

I recently tried to sync some new ebooks to my iPad, like I've done countless times before.  Went through the same steps as I always have (added the books to my iTunes library, selected them and hit Sync).  But this time, not only did the new books not sync to my iPad, all the books that were already on there were removed!

The books (all 970 of them!) are still in my iTunes library.  When I highlight "Books" under Settings on the left hand side of the iTunes menu, all of my books are there, no problem.  "Sync Books" at the top is checked, and "All Books" below that.  And when I click on Apply, the status at the top shows "Copying...", like it should.  Basically, iTunes is telling me that it is syncing all my books.  But they are not on my iPad.  To add even more confusion, the status bar at the bottom of the iTunes window shows that there are 970 books on the device, when there are exactly none.  

I've gone through the syncing nine times, to no avail.  I have no idea what is going on.  This is not something that has ever happened before, and I am completely stumped.  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm lost as to what in the hell could be happening.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I'm open to anything.

Oh...and just in case it's pertinent, I'm using iBooks.  I've tried other ebook apps but I've not found one I like as much as iBooks....at least not until now.  

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I've had my iPad for about two years and have never had a problem like this before.  I have no idea what else to try or what the issue is, so I am hoping that someone here will have an idea.

I recently tried to sync some new ebooks to my iPad, like I've done countless times before.  Went through the same steps as I always have (added the books to my iTunes library, selected them and hit Sync).  But this time, not only did the new books not sync to my iPad, all the books that were already on there were removed!

The books (all 970 of them!) are still in my iTunes library.  When I highlight "Books" under Settings on the left hand side of the iTunes menu, all of my books are there, no problem.  "Sync Books" at the top is checked, and "All Books" below that.  And when I click on Apply, the status at the top shows "Copying...", like it should.  Basically, iTunes is telling me that it is syncing all my books.  But they are not on my iPad.  To add even more confusion, the status bar at the bottom of the iTunes window shows that there are 970 books on the device, when there are exactly none.  

I've gone through the syncing nine times, to no avail.  I have no idea what is going on.  This is not something that has ever happened before, and I am completely stumped.  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm lost as to what in the hell could be happening.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I'm open to anything.

Oh...and just in case it's pertinent, I'm using iBooks.  I've tried other ebook apps but I've not found one I like as much as iBooks....at least not until now.

Are these eBooks bought through the iTunes Store? Or gotten from other sources? Or both? If it is the former, you should be able to download the eBooks directly from the iTunes Store from with the iBook app on the iPad. Does that work at all?

The other potential thing to try is the reboot the iPad. Have you tried that?

And the kind of option of last resort to try is to reset the iPad and restore from a backup (since it sounds like you connect to the computer for syncing, then you are likely backing up to the computer by way of iTunes rather than using the iCloud back up feature...the key thing is to make sure you have a back up of some sort before reseting).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users