Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The best legitimate legal file sharing sites for images,audio,video & etc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Hi I'm a bit of a wallpaper hoarder and I use sites like Deviantart, Wallpaperswide and Wallhaven to name a few but I would like to find more safe websites for media content to download things like desktop themes (Linux/Windows), creative commons audio & video files, wallpapers & videowallpaers/dreamscenes, icon packs and fonts.

A little more about myself.  :bananas: :dance:

Linux and Windows user

Android 4x smartphone

Love customizing things 

Love wallpapers and neat ring-tones/notifications

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 849 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Since nobody has replied yet allow me to elaborate. Fist off I consider any site where you can upload your own content and share it as a file sharing site but I'm not referring to P2P anything like it P2P is strictly off limits so keep it safe and legal.

I want to have a discussion about the best file sharing sites for customizing your desktop or mobile device (and screen shots of you desktop/homescreen) along with suggestions for legitimate safe websites which hosts files for customizing your devices. So feel free to share. :)

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

Hi,

p2p is perfectly safe and legal if you choose not to download illegal content. There's nothing illegal about p2p per se and, as a matter of fact, big companies like twitter use P2P to roll out the updates from one server to the others. There have been reports that the Windows 10 updates will also be delivered by p2p technology rather than serving it from a single download server.

Deviantart is probably the go to place for linux art. If you run KDE on your linux machines, http://kde-look.org/ may be interesting for you in terms of themes, icons, etc

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 849 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hi,

p2p is perfectly safe and legal if you choose not to download illegal content. There's nothing illegal about p2p per se and, as a matter of fact, big companies like twitter use P2P to roll out the updates from one server to the others. There have been reports that the Windows 10 updates will also be delivered by p2p technology rather than serving it from a single download server.

Deviantart is probably the go to place for linux art. If you run KDE on your linux machines, http://kde-look.org/ may be interesting for you in terms of themes, icons, etc

What your telling me about P2P being safe in the right hands is true but just one source for a P2P gets infected and it can spread to all others that are connected but I guess that would only be for individual users and not organizations either way I don't trust P2P files.

And yes I agree D-art is a great place to go desktop art in general, but thats mainly what I wanted to discus here about websites that host files to customize your desktop/home screen whether that be Windows to Android and everything from wallpapers to notification sounds for email clients something for everyone's customization needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users